On July 29, 2021, BISR analysts attended the meeting of Belarusian experts, diplomats, parliamentarians and public figures with Russian sinologist and publicist Nikolai Vavilov, organized by the NGO "Belaya Rus" and the Belarusian Association of Journalists.
In the course of debates, the participants discussed a number of ongoing issues:
- features of socialism with Chinese characteristics;
- current aspects of China's foreign policy as a reflection of home policy: why it is important to understand the logic of China's development to predict Beijin's external course and economic activity abroad;
- resilience of China's political system after Xi Jinping came to power, power configuration forecasts for the medium term;
- global risks and challenges of the bipolar system of current China-U.S. relations;
- strategic partnership of Belarus and China: new "entry points" of Minsk in the Chinese picture of the world;
- certain issues of China's specifics of doing business.
The meeting resulted in agreement reached on establishing direct interaction between BISR and Nikolai Vavilov, including within "The Great Game 2.0. in Asia: perspectives from within and more" analytical project.