The higher education system requires qualitative advancing and integration into the economy of the future.
This opinion was reached by the participants of the expert seminar held in BISR on August 3, 2021 and dedicated to the issues of improving the higher education system in the Republic of Belarus. The event was attended by leading experts from the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, Belarusian State University of Informatics and Radioelectronics, Belarus State Economic University, Belarusian State University.
In the course of expert debates, the participants noted the following trajectories of higher education development:
- ensuring organic combination and integration of higher education institutions in global trends and state-forming industries and economies in order to achieve a high level of competitiveness in the world market;
- development of universities as the main centers of consolidation of the scientific potential of the country, providing a close relationship of education, science and innovation;
- ensuring continuity in "school-university-economics" triad through improving the quality of education in a secondary education institution, systematic vocational work, a high level of practice-oriented higher education, close interaction between education and production;
- achieving a high level of adaptive potential of higher education institutions, taking into account the development of innovative forms and methods of teaching, information and communication technologies;
- increasing the level of professional competencies and motivation of teaching staff with the gradual transformation of the role of a teacher from a translator of academic disciplines to an ideological inspirer of knowledge in higher education;
- implementation of measures aimed at improving the system of educational work in higher education institutions, formation of a civil position of students focused on the national interests of the country, achieving a high level of culture and commitment to national traditions.
The foreseeable future requires tangible steps of educational institutions, public administration bodies and organizations in these areas, which will facilitate the highest possible level of satisfying the needs of economy, development of professions of the future.